Process accounts payable, accounts receivable and collections to ensure accurate and timely transactions are completed in accordance with company’s financial processes and procedures to reduce Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) ratio and increase cash flow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Audits invoices, expense reports, and related documents for mathematical accuracy and properly codes and enters complete transactions from accounts payable processing to check printing and distribution. Audits and performs entry of invoices, compilation of payment schedule, cash disbursements, preparation of voucher packages and filing and reconciliation of payables. Maintains and balances accounts receivable spreadsheet.
- Performs accounts receivable function including billing and invoicing customers for all magazines, directories, websites, tradeshows, conferences and miscellaneous invoices in a timely manner. Performs daily cash receipts and application and prepares month-end aging reconciliation.
- Prepares 1099 Forms in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Creates annual billing calendar for the company.
- Performs weekly reporting and selection of accounts payable vouches packages for signing.
- Prepares commission reports for all sales representatives from established commission structures and enters into for sales reps into Launchpad. Follows Launchpad commission process and ensures it is working accurately. Issues monthly commission statements and check disbursement to sales representatives.
- Complies with federal, state and company policies and regulations to perform work.
- Follows accounts payable principles to ensure that invoices are charged to the correct month and fixed assets and pre-paid accounts are identified and coded correctly.
- Prepares daily deposit and cash sheets.
- Performs accounts receivable processing including billing of all advertising and events products.
- Prepares bank deposit and processes credit cards with daily cash reporting. Application of cash in multiple systems with balancing requirements.
- Performs all aspects of collections including processing credit applications, determining credit status and limit, issuing statements, communicating with past due customers and maintaining notes in LP. Researches and selects the collection agency and works closely with publishers, sales reps and controller to resolve outstanding debt and determine placement.
- Communicates with vendors and suppliers as required.
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree or Equivalent with a minimum of three years’ work experience in accounting function including accounts payable, accounts receivable and collections experience.
Working with clients/customers when discussing financial and accounting information in an accurate and timely manner to preserve positive working relationships.
Works collaboratively across company levels to inform others while obtaining information, processing accounting function responsibilities, updating and distributing information in accordance with efficient, established processes and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Possesses knowledge of collections processes and procedures and experience with demonstrated ability to service customers in a timely and professional manner.
Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Uses specialty software including Launchpad, a2z, Intacct
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the Essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential functions.
Work station is located on ground floor, handicapped accessible
Must operate computer, and office equipment
May walk, bend, stoop, lift and carry up to 15 lbs.
Work requires close vision and manual dexterity
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the Essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential functions.
Works in an office environment
Works individually in a team environment to accomplish position responsibilities and goals