Allured Business Media's Career Opportunities
Allured Business Media has been a global information leader in the cosmetic, spa and salon, and fragrance and flavor industries for more than 80 years. Allured continues to set information standards in the industries it serves. We are always searching for qualified candidates in a variety of positions to join us and strengthen our team.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Allured Business Media is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law in the terms or conditions of employment, programs or activities.
Customer Service Specialist
Basic Functions: The Customer Service Specialist (CSS) is responsible for identifying, developing and growing Allured’s prospective and existing customer base. Their primary task is to provide customer support by processing, verifying and analyzing order information in a timely manner. He/she is responsible for getting individual customers to build a complete customer profile and ensure quality leads for our suppliers, gathering additional data on the customer and up-selling related products. The CSS initiates and implements corrective action as needed in order to ensure a high standard of service and customer satisfaction. In addition, the CSS handles data entry in multiple systems including CMS, advertising and supplier directories. CSS is responsible for other jobs as assigned.
Summary of Duties:
- CSS is responsible for handling incoming requests from customers and ensuring that issues are resolved promptly.
- CSS will get customers to the on-boarding process to identify and nurture quality leads for suppliers.
- CSS is responsible for following all procedures necessary to deliver products and services including initiating access to digital products and initiating pack and pick for print subs and books.
- Will provide significant data entry support for the company.
- It is expected that all staff will pitch in when needed on projects or assignments that many or may not be part of their regular duties or departments. We seek to have a collaborative team environment which has the expectation that staff will help when or where needed.
- 1-2 years handling customer service inquiries and related matters
- 1-2 Order processing/data entry in a PC-based environment
- 1-2 years inside sales
Education: Completed high school or GED, college degree a plus
- MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Experience using a customer service database, knowledge of internet browsing, Search engines, web hosting systems, email, HTML, strong knowledge base of Technology tools and high comfort level working with all forms of technology
.NET Application Developer
We are in the midst of a multiyear “digital first” strategic plan. This position will perform a critical role in developing and deploying several new systems, including CRM, HTML5 and native mobile apps, eCommerce and a CMS based website.
Summary of Duties:
- Design, Coding and Development, including data Modeling (75%)
- Lead “Bleeding Edge” (Beta release) Proof of Concept projects (10-15%)
- Mentoring junior members (10-15%)
- Other projects as assigned.
- 4 – 6 Years of extensive Application Design and Development experience
- Good understanding of programming fundamentals, best practices and standards
- Strong appreciation of quality and programming practices that impact performance
- Understand and appreciate the role of Project Management and appropriate SDLC methodologies relevant to the organizational needs.
- Should be comfortable in a collaborative and collegial working environment. You may be brilliant at what you do, but will not be an asset in this role if you have a sense of superiority or cannot engage in knowledge sharing and respect other team members.
- BS in Computer Science, MS preferred
- Aptify AMS and Sitefinity CMS (strongly preferred)
- MS SQL, MySQL – Optimization and Query analysis
- Visual Studio, .NET Framework, Web Services
- Version Control Systems. Configuration and Release Management
- Certification highly desired – preferably MCP, MCTs or PCPD
- SAML SSO
- ASP.NET MVC Framework or other MVC patterns