Allured Business Media's Career Opportunities
Allured Business Media has been a global information leader in the cosmetic, spa and salon, and fragrance and flavor industries for more than 80 years. Allured continues to set information standards in the industries it serves. We are always searching for qualified candidates in a variety of positions to join us and strengthen our team.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Allured Business Media is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law in the terms or conditions of employment, programs or activities.
Software Project Manager
We are executing a multiyear “Digital First” strategic plan. A portfolio of transformational projects that include CRM, CMS and eCommerce systems are a key part of this effort. The majority of the projects involve off-the-shelf solutions that will be customized to meet our needs.
This multi-role position will be part of our technology team, encompassing Technology Project Management and Business Analyst functions and will play a key role in ensuring the success of these projects.
- Full lifecycle project management from RFP and planning to requirements and deployment;
- Develop use cases and other requirements documentation in collaboration with internal business clients;
- Prioritize, plan, track and manage changes and post Go-Live project iterations;
- Coordinate with internal developers and designers, outsourced teams and vendor teams;
- Track and analyze resource allocation to identify efficiency opportunities in current processes.
- 2-3 years hands-on software development, or 4+ years software/web project management experience;
- 3+ years demonstrable experience managing challenging projects;
- a clear understanding of Project Management fundamentals; PM certification is an advantage;
- experience at creating detailed requirements documents and;
- a willingness to adapt, learn and grow.
Experience and Qualifications:Candidate need not be a seasoned PM but the following are critical "Must Haves":
- Bachelors degree;
- PMP or equivalent certification is an advantage;
- Proficiency in MS Project (or similar tools) and Visio; familiarity with UML, HTML, Scripting languages, programming languages and SQL.
Education and Skills:
We are committed to adopting proven Project Management techniques that ensure success. Disciplined, Fit-for- Purpose, Collaborative, Predictable, and Repeatable are not just buzz words – we continuously strive to make them the key tenants of our execution philosophy.